Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A call for advice - on the dress

The biggest news of the day is that my mom came down to visit!!! This highly anticipated arrival almost didn't occur (mom forgot her id at home and had to run back!). Alas, she arrived on time and we were on to our day of wedding planning!



Our first stop was to meet the planner at the ceremony/reception location. It was as beautiful as I remembered it. A bonus was that people were getting ready for an event taking place tonight. The benefit was that there were several tables dotting the floor plan that really helped me visualize our set up.



Mom and I then went off dress shopping! The history of dress shopping is that I have fallen in love with the first dress I tried on. Of course, a future bride can't buy the first one she tries on! She needs to test the waters. When else will you have an entire shop cooing over you? However, future brides beware, I now have 3 dresses I am in love with. The pathetic thing is that they are all different styles. I have found some very basic commonalities but for the most part the are drastically different.



Here is a random dress I found, just to catch your eye.. This gives no indication of what I am leaning towards, sorry Groomzilla!!


Find this dress at www.davincibridal.com.




So does anyone have any advice on dress shopping? I am stuck!

2 comments:

  1. I say try on as many as possible. I know it sounds cliche but you will know when you find your dress because the waterworks will immediately turn on and you get this butterfly feeling in your tummy. My dress was the first dress I tried on and I thought that I felt that way because it was the first dress. But I tried on many other dresses after that and kept going back to my first dress. Good Luck and I can't wait to see some pics of the ones you try on. **Oh and remember to take a camera to take pics so that you can get an idea of what you look like on camera with the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear more! My advice? Choose the dress that makes you dance. You may have second thoughts (looking at pictures of other dresses after you make your choice is a bad idea!) but you can always go back to that moment where the dress made you dance. And you know it's yours. And yes - next time, take a dang camera! :)

    ReplyDelete