Thursday, May 14, 2009

Something Old?

Even though I don't have a proper picture to accompany this post, I had to share the story. Today my mom called me and told me that my grandmother gave her my 1st Holy Communion dress I wore in the second grade. My grandmother said that it was for my flower girl to wear at my wedding.

This means so much to me, I can't even express it. You see, my grandmother has never been on a plane. She has a hard time getting along these days and will not be able to travel from Ohio to Florida for the wedding. My grandparents mean so much to me and knowing that they will not be there for my wedding hurts. But this thoughtfulness from my grandmother will remain in my mind through my wedding day. I didn't know that dress was still around, much less that my grandmother was planning on pulling it out for such an occassion.

We haven't planned on having a flower girl but now with my mom bringing my old dress down from Ohio next week, I am resolute in finding a proper place for it on my wedding day. You see, that dress will serve as a visual reminder that my grandparents are there with me and they love and support me that day and forever.

1 comment: