Friday, April 24, 2009

The Engagement

I have to share a little about our engagement because my fiance was amazing! I will try to make a long story short. Kareem and I bought a house in July of this year. I had just start a new job and had to go away on business for a week. We closed on the house the night before I left! While I was gone, Kareem had a long "honey-do" list. He was in charge of painting most of the rooms by the time I got back. When I got home that night, he met me in the garage. I remember thinking it was sweet he was waiting so intently but that it wasn't out of the ordinary, in fact, he seemed pretty relaxed. Usually he gets excited like a little puppy when I get home after long trips. He told me that he had been hard at work at painting and wanted to know what I thought. He showed me the downstairs and I was very impressed. Then he said something that worried me. He said that he also decided to paint the bedroom and he was concerned I might not like it. Well knowing him all too well, this could mean that my new bedroom in my first home was now decorated in neon polka dots and stripes. Terrified I approached the upstairs bedroom door. As I opened the door, I saw painted on the other side "Tammy Briant will you marry me?"! I couldn't believe it! It was the most adorable thing I had ever seen. On top of that I was in entire and utter shock. Like really..... In shock! I started muttering to him or maybe myself "Oh my gosh, shut up!". He told me to sit down in one of the rocking chairs. This sounded like a good idea because I felt like I was going to fall over. As I sat down and hear myself muttering "Oh my gosh, shut up" over and over again, I realized that Kareem was down on his knee and asking me to marry him, with a gorgeous ring in hand!! I realize at some point, perhaps after two or three more muttered sayings, that Kareem was beginning to look puzzled. I realized I hadn't said yes, in fact I hadn't said anything except "oh my gosh, shut up"! I threw my arms around him and said yes! And that is how I became a soon to be Mrs. Kareem had also thought of it all. He had our song playing in the background, chocolates, champagne, and roses, and the best of all, he had two champagne glasses engraved with our names and the date of our engagement. See why I am marrying him??


No comments:

Post a Comment