Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Honey, we'll have a honeymoon!!! BOOKED!

I have a traveler's soul. The most consistent thing about me is that I love to travel. I mean I LOVE to travel. So the thought of a honeymoon got my travel tastebuds all excited!


Groomzilla and I initially decided that we would have a "staycation" for our honeymoon. We thought being from Florida, we were perfectly capable of finding an amazing place right here near home. Then we remembered, a Florida vacation in February sounds extremely appealing to Northerners but for us Florida people, we like it a little warmer. LOL. 65 degrees just won't do (enter envious grumbles from my Northern family members).


When I got to searching, I came across a great resort in St. Lucia. Now all I needed was Groomzilla to sign on to it. When Groomzilla looked at the website, he quickly decided that upgrading our room to one with a private pool was a must. Oh geeze, here he goes again (I say in my most endearing voice).


Well needless to say, I was back to the drawing board (or in this case, my favorite trip planning website, Tripadvisor). For some reason, all of a sudden Acapulco, Mexico entered my head. I quickly did a search on my favorite travel websites.


What did I find??


Las Brisas Resort in Acapulco, Mexico!!!!


Right after Groomzilla got into his head that we "needed" a private pool. I found a goldmine.

Las Brisas has something like 200 private and semi-private pools. Immediately I found out that a private pool casita for 7 nights 8 days and flights to Acapulco were comfortably in our budget. What!?!



Las Brisas is located a little outside of the city but within a 15 minute drive. The casitas are situated up the side of a cliff. The higher you are on the cliff, the better the view and the more private. They label the levels up the hill by numbers 1-5. Levels 4 and 5 are the highest and most exclusive. It was an even more pleasent surprise when we realized that we could get one of these rooms. These rooms are refered to the Brisas Beach Club and include an afternoon snack and wine. All rooms include breakfast each morning brought directly to your casita. They put the breakfast in a double door compartment so they don't have to bother you.


The private pools are just that! These aren't your average "plunge" pool that are a hair better than a bathtub. You can actually swim in these! This is perfect for Groomzilla and I. I will be swimming around in the pool while he sits under the tent with a cigar (the resort even has a cigar shop).

Of course, these pools over look the amazing Acapulco Bay. With a private pool and patio awaiting you right outside your room, who needs to venture out??

Of course, if we do venture out, we have the benefit of the Las Brisas Jeeps to take us around the resort. The jeeps can take you to the Las Brisas Beach Club which includes two natural pools and a freshwater pool.

Finally, we always can head into the city and watch the world famous cliff divers!

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment